All it takes is a single data leak at your cell phone company for a crook to get into your e-mail, bank, investing, and online shopping accounts. It’s one-stop shopping for identity thieves! Having a unique password for every site is unrealistic, but use a series of several passwords and save your best for the most critical sites. Though it’s difficult for us to remember all of the passwords to all of the sites and software we use, losing control of them is a big security issue. Password managers can help.Password protection is easy with a password manager.
Here are some of the best password managers:
- Password Safe. Whether the answer is one or hundreds, Password Safe allows you to safely and easily create a secured and encrypted user name/password list.
- KeePass Password Safe. KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can also use Portable version.
- Mitto Online Password Manager. Mitto gives you a secure service you can use in order to manage all your passwords in a simple and effective way.
- Firefox’s Password Manager. When you submit your username and password to a website, Firefox prompts you to ask if you want Firefox to remember the username and password.
- RoboForm – Memorizes your passwords to log you in automatically, can generate new passwords, encrypts what is stored and more.
A password is like a toothbrush: Choose a good one and don’t share it.
Don’t leave your passwords lying around. Lock them up in a safe box, file cabinet, or other secure storage device. You can even maintain them in a an encrypted (password-protected) file on your computer. But don’t write them on a sticky note and ‘hide’ it under your keyboard or stuck underneath the desk.
5 replies on “Worst Online Habit:Using One Password for Everything.”
I agree with you. One should not use single password for everything. I am using verisign.com Open Id for it. It helped me a lot.
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Designer's Digest, MrTechPaparazzi. MrTechPaparazzi said: Worst Online Habit:Using One Password for Everything. http://t.co/c6dJh4U […]
Thats right, I have suffered due to this. Using same pwd is really a bad habit.
i agree with u…
if u use on pass & if that get hacked then u r total presence of web can be in problem….
thats obvious…..the all time mistake of a human being….