“The Social Network” will make its premiere on the opening night of the New York Film Festival and then hit theaters on October 1st.
The Social Network is an upcoming 2010 drama film directed by David Fincher about the founding of Facebook and the pop culture phenomenon it created. The film features an ensemble cast which consists of Jesse Eisenberg, Brenda Song, Justin Timberlake, Andrew Garfield, Rashida Jones, Max Minghella, Rooney Mara, and Joseph Mazzello. The film was written by Aaron Sorkin and adapted from Ben Mezrich’s 2009 book The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding Of Facebook, A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal. The film is distributed by Columbia Pictures and is set for an October 1, 2010 release.
For those who were wondering, the song is Scala’s version of Creep.
- Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg
- Justin Timberlake as Sean Parker
- Brenda Song as Christy Lee
- Andrew Garfield as Eduardo Saverin
- Rashida Jones as Marylin Delpy
- Joseph Mazzello as Dustin Moskovitz
- Max Minghella as Martin Turner
- Rooney Mara as Erica Albright
- Malese Jow as Alice
- Denise Grayson as Gretchen
- Armie Hammer as Cameron Winklevoss
- Douglas Urbanski as Larry Summers
- Patrick Mapel as Chris Hughes
- Josh Pence as Tyler Winklevoss
- Dakota Johnson as Leslie Brown
- Trevor Wright as Josh Thompson
- John Getz as Sy
The real story about facebook
The origins of Facebook have been in dispute since the very week a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg launched the site as a Harvard sophomore on February 4, 2004.
Then called “thefacebook.com,” the site was an instant hit. Now, six years later, the site has become one of the biggest web sites in the world, visited by 400 million people a month.
The controversy surrounding Facebook began quickly. A week after he launched the site in 2004, Mark was accused by three Harvard seniors of having stolen the idea from them. [more]