New iPhone 5 Features Attract 2 Million Pre-Orders in 24 Hours
Just when people thought that Apple couldn’t outdo itself, well, it looks as if they may have done just that — if, that is, the rush to make a grab for the new iPhone 5 lives up to the hype. Considering Apple’s reputation, most people feel the new iPhone will meet or exceed expectations. In fact, the iPhone 5 is already so popular that Apple sold over 2 million phones in pre-orders in just a 24-hour period. Eager people have already started camping out days before the release.
Considering the number of people who have iPhones already, it stands to reason that they would want to upgrade, opting for the latest version if there is something new in it for them. According to Apple, quite a few new things are offered by the new phone as it aims to be the greatest thing to come along, they say, since the original iPhone itself.
Here are a few new features or improvement to the original that can be expected with the iPhone 5:
- Larger display. The new 4-inch Retina display allows you to see more, and it provides more vibrancy. The pictures on your screen will not only be easier to see, but will appear more life-like and vivid. The larger screen capacity may also give people the added room they need for more comfortable texting and navigation. In the past, screen size was one reason some people turned to Apple’s competitors, so this may finally address that issue.
- Faster chip. Apple has created a new A6 chip that is supposed to make the device faster — in fact, up to twice as fast. This can be especially helpful if you are downloading songs, videos or other large files that take a long time to transfer.
- Thinner design. Weighing in at only 112 grams and only 7.6 millimeters wide, the new design aims to be the thinnest, sleekest, full-capacity phone yet. Users will find a lot of power in a little package with this new design.
- Better camera. The upgrades to the camera will be a welcome change, as it offers a 4-inch Retina display and vibrant coloring. The new camera also offers a panorama feature, so you won’t miss that great landscape shot. Also, the glass on the camera lens is made from an extremely durable Sapphire crystal, offering additional protection during routine usage or if the phone were to drop.
- Longer battery life. One of the complaints that people have about their current iPhone is the comparatively short battery life. The iPhone 5 offers a new, longer-lasting battery. The improved battery is said to provide up to 8 hours of cellular browsing and talk time, and up to 10 hours of video viewing.
Along with these improvements to the iPhone features, there are others. Siri has been improved, enabling it to answer more questions. The ear buds are slated to offer improvements in comfort and clarity, and enhancements have been made to the video recording and FaceTime features, as well. With Apple promising to deliver a whole new, highly improved version of its popular phone, the new iPhone 5 is flying off the shelves before it even hits them. Time alone will tell whether it can live up to the hype.
This article was written by Kelly Austin, who writes about iPhone monitoring topics for Android, iPhone and BlackBerry mobile phones. Follow her on Twitter @KellyAustin86