FaceBook Hit By A “Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] ” Viral Video
If You see Following Wall Message in your Facebook Wall Don’t Click The Link , It leads To a malicious Site, to download a Infected File.
For many users of Facebook, the world’s largest social network, it was just the latest in a string of frustrations.
I discovered a glitch that make user to download FLV Player Update To Play A Video, A Malicious File named “VLC Setup.exe” from the server of Hotbar.com , which is a potential suspicious behavior site, which may pose a security risk. See Mcafee report here http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/hotbar.com
I Am not able to Know what it does? Will be Reporting that too soon(4-5 Hours)
Here is What one of my Friend Suffering from This Says “My Dear Friends, there is a spam viral video going around FaceBook. If you received a video link from me labeled ‘Candid Camera Prank’. do not view, pls delete it.”
Warn Your Friends By
Sharing This On Facebook Click here
How To Solve the Glitch?
- Go to This Link (Account — > Application Settings –>)
- Remove these apps named “K-Multimedia” ,”F.B. HD Video Player“, “Winamp” From your Apps list.
- Also delete the Downloaded File , Update Your AntiVirus And do a Full PC Scan.
Youtube Video Explaining this Scam
The “Sexiest Video Ever” scam made the rounds on Facebook during May of 2010. This video shows how the application what happens when you click on the link and how the malicious application is installed to eventually download an adware to your PC.
Here’s how this virus runs: Source
1) After clicking on the link, you will be prompted to the application named F.B. HD Video Player – http://apps.facebook.com/hghh_rtrt/.
2) You will then display the message – Thanks for the confirmation! You can continue to the video now.
3) After clicking continue, you will be taken to page where it claims to be the video. The video will not open and displays the message – “Your FLV Player seems to be out of date. Please update your FLV Player in order to proceed. Please click the Continue button now and wait a few seconds.”
4)Then it asks to download the file – “FLVDirect.exe“.