10 Best PC Tuning Tools
We Present top tools in ten categories that can help you speed up your Dull Windows PC.
Q. What Does a PC tuning Tool Do?
=> A good PC Tuning Tool Eliminates existing problems, frees storage space for you and provides extra utilities that makes working with windows easier and faster. Hundreds of free programs and commercial tools claim just that but very few do a good job. We Picked out the best performer in each of the categories, here are the tools:
- TuneUp Utilities 2009:The All-Rounder:You can easily solve PC problems and at the same prevent others while effectively increasing the system’s performance with TuneUp Utilities. Your PC intelligently adapts to your individual needs. The new TuneUp Start page, the new TuneUp Speed Optimizer, and the improved 1-Click Maintenance make the optimization of your Windows system even easier, faster, and more comprehensive.
Plus Points: Easy To use, Registry Editor with bookmark, Integrated data recovery tool, De fragmenting Tool .
- CCleaner:More Disk space guaranteed:CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
Plus Points: Free, Also Takes less known programs into consideration.
Negative Point:It also cleans prefetch folder, which is used for faster Windows startup.
- RSW: Fine tune the registry:It makes sense to make the registry lighter by eliminating invalid items or entries that are no longer required, and that’s exactly what Registry System Wizard (RSW) Does.
Plus Points:Easy To use, Network Support, Ideal for beginners.
Negative Point:Does not remove any invalid entries, No English Interface.
- SG TCP Optimizer: Supercharge your Internet connection:
The SG TCP Optimizer is an “Internet Accelerator” which helps to dramatically boost your Internet speed. It optimizes Internet-related settings on your end of the connection (your PC), allowing for faster throughput.
Plus Points:Built-in Registry Editor, Tool for finding the MTU value, integrated bandwidth calculator.
Negative Point:Too difficult for beginners, The “qospackage planner” is not very effective.
- SetFSB:Overclock Your CPU From windows:
SetFSB is an easy way to overclock a processor. This little program lets you adjust the frequency of the FSB directly from Windows. It‚Äôs compatible with a wide range of motherboards and requires only that you know the PLL used by the board.
Plus Points:Supports many motherboards,¬† Freely available source code, Limits itself to what is most important, Updated regularly.
Negative Point:The timer must be Known, Not suitable For beginners.
- RivaTuner:Blazing increasing frames rates:
RivaTuner is the most powerful tweaking utility for NVIDIA display adapters running under Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME / Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The purpose of this utility is to give you access to all the undocumented features of the Detonator drivers.
Plus Points:Also tweaks undocumented features, suitable for Nvidia and ATI models, Integrated scheduler and registry.
Negative Point:Risky For beginners.
- DFX:Perfect sound guaranteed:
DFX is a audio enhancing software . It uses Digital Signal Processing to improve audio quality. I used DFX years back when I was in India and I loved it . Now DFX 8 is much better and sounds better than ever. It improves the sound quality of all major music types mp3,wma and even internet radio. The whole quality of the sound just changes with this tool. It is more like transforming your computer audio into an expensive stereo system. There is more bass , more depth and also a 3D feature which gives a surround sound experience to the user.
Plus Points:Supports all the popular audia players, Loads of presets, intuitive controls.
Negative Point:More expensive than an external sound-card.
- TeraCopy: Jet speed copying:
TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, providing the user a lot of features:
Copy files faster, Pause and resume file transfers, Error recovery, Interactive file list,¬† Shell integration,¬† Full Unicode support.
Plus Points:Context menu interaction, it is Possible to pause while copying, Integration in Total Commander and Directory opus.
Negative Point:Free version has restrictions.
- XTM: No more hiccups:
The Warecase eXtended Task Manager (XTM) is a powerful auxiliary tool designed for simplifying the environment of the software developer. XTM is an extended windows task manager and performance monitoring tool for Microsoft Windows 2000 OS and later versions of Windows. XTM can give fast solutions for sudden problems which may arise in a product’s functioning.
Plus Points:Monitors every module, Filtering of processes, Helpful user prompts.
Negative Point:Too unclear for beginners, No graphs.
- eBoostr: Launch Programs in a jiffy:
It speeds up your PC and improves application responsiveness by using flash memory and free RAM as an extra layer of performance-boosting cache for your PC. Use up to four inexpensive flash devices to speed up your system. Add more speed to your PC without any hardware upgrade!
Plus Points:Vista’s superFetch and readyBoost equivalents for Windows XP, Increases the battery life of laptops.
Negative Point:Free Version runs only two hours.
Now Proceed to the race track and find out which programs can boost your Windows from zero to a hundred in the least time.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!¬† and get free updates to your inbox today !!!