A content rich site that loads instantly is not the mantra of success for a booming business since gone are the days when the PC was only used. These days a number of mobile devices are dominating the gadget market like smartphones, tablets and iPads and if your website does not sync well with these platforms, your chances of success are diminished.
Why Optimize your Site with Smartphones and Other Devices?
Syncing with other mobile devices or optimization is mandatory as it has been observed that after optimization, Beyond The Rack saw a double increase in the conversation rate after optimizing on mobile devices. The famous Huffington Post had seen an increase in sales to nearly 38% after redesigning their site. Moreover, Plusnet too gets two times enhancement of traffic and sales boost up to ten times after optimization.
The Optimization Techniques
By now, you must have apprehended that optimization increases your search ability and reaches you to target audience. Here are your fundamentals of website optimization for Smartphones, tablets and mobile devices-
Responsive Design– By streamlining your pages with responsive design you can use the same HTML code for all pages that will restrict the redirects during page loading. The URL of the website will be the same for the computers or the mobile versions and it will remove all the confusion at the user side regarding redirects.
Dynamic Serving– However Dynamic Serving is the other technique you can use as it will use different HTML codes for loading the websites automatically on the various devices, but the URL will be the same.
Different URL for Different Devices– With this method different URL’s are generated for loading the websites on the desktop or smartphones mobile devices.
Tips for Smartphones Optimization
- Never overload the reader. Try to have precise updated and quality content. The photographs must be smaller to load fast.
- The SEO theorem still holds true for the Smartphone platforms and use the keywords, Meta titles, tags and headers.
- 3. Enhance your fonts and make them distinct and appealing. The relevant option buttons must be bolder and bigger for optimum ease on the smaller screens
Tips for Tablets Optimization
It has been seen that for recreational purposes to social networking, from reading news to online shopping, the tablets are extensively used. Here is how you might increase convenience of use of the tablets-
- When there are classic and mobile versions of the same site, an iPad user can be redirected to a classic version. And if there are Flash messages on your site then it will directly go to the mobile version as Flash is not supported on iPads.
- E-commerce sites must let the consumer relate to the product in just one tap. Apps let you store loads of data in one place and decreases loading time.
- Again have good quality data which is precise. Have Next and Previous options on pages to increase ease-of-use.
- Restrict on the use of duplicate content by CSS. You can also use the postal codes, cookies for knowing about your visitors.
- Create PDF content to let people download or store content from your site.
Protecting the Devices
Now that you have optimized the sites, test the veracity of your site on two devices- the Kindle Fire and iPad. All parts of the site must work seamlessly on all the platforms. Next, concentrate on Google Analytics and watch for areas as videos, use of search bars, and the most preferred payment gateways. Security must never be compromised, however responsive and optimized site you might follow. Remind your users that at all time they must never ignore security. And for this they should engage efficient antivirus for enhancing the smartphone security to reduce their risk of downloading viruses and spyware on the device.
Make Your Site Easy-to-Use on Any Device
Always remember that the user browsing your site on handheld devices have limited visibility, so you should streamline everything. Since, these devices have a much smaller screen than the typical PC, users expect your website to load on their screens without any issues. Make sure the site is touch-friendly and doesn’t use pop-ups. By streamlining your device page, you’re ensuring your multi-screen customers are getting the best possible experience.