A popular question on every Webmaster’s mind is in regard to best practices for organic link building. There seems to be some confusion, especially among less experienced webmasters, on how to approach the topic. Different perspectives have been shared, and here is our view point.
If your site is rather new and still unknown, a good way marketing technique is to get involved in the community around your topic. Interact and contribute on forums and blogs. Just keep in mind to contribute in a positive way, rather than spamming or soliciting for your site. Just building a reputation can drive people to your site. And they will keep on visiting it and linking to it. If you offer long-lasting, unique and compelling content — something that lets your expertise shine — people will want to recommend it to others. Great content can serve this purpose as much as providing useful tools.
Now, lets get to the point.
Humorous content is a very powerful way in the online blogging arena. In the noisy online world, it is vital to engage your website visitor, grab their attention and endear them to your brand. Humor can be another way to gain both great links and get people to talk about your site.
Why humorous content?
If you can make your visitor smile, all the better. An engaged, smiling visitor will linger longer and will be more likely to remember you. The engaged visitor can also help you to market your brand by telling others about you and by linking to your website.
With Google Buzz and other social media services constantly growing, entertaining content is being shared now more than ever. We’ve seen all kinds of amusing content, from ASCII art embedded in a site’s source code to funny downtime messages used as a viral marketing technique to increase the visibility of a site. However, we do not recommend counting only on short-lived link-bait tactics. Their appeal wears off quickly and as powerful as marketing stunts can be, you shouldn’t rely on them as a long-term strategy or as your only marketing effort.
You need to please the search engines too. They are hungry beasts and must be fed premium meat. Their meal of choice is original content. By using original, engaging content that attracts back links you will be pleasing your visitors, the search engines and ultimately yourself.
How to make content humorous ?
Telling a joke, can be easy, but getting your humorous point out there can be difficult. Just follow these points:-
- Keep in mind that good stand-up comedy writers are neither anointed by God nor born into it; they just write a lot. All you need to do it is a pen and some paper.
- Understand that a joke occurs at the intersection of two ideas.
- Pack more punches than you think you need. The readers are naturally going to think only half of your work is funny (at maximum) because everyone’s sense of humor is different.
- (Only consider this point if you really a bad comedian)For the best results, consider outsourcing your content requirements to an experienced freelance writer with a humorous streak. By communicating your needs effectively to your chosen writer, you will be one step closer to having lively content that will engage your customers, get them talking about you and keep them coming back for more.
- Keep your own sense of humor. Don’t try to be someone you are not. If potty jokes aren’t funny to you, don’t write them because they won’t sound natural coming from your writing style. Just like any other literary work, portray yourself (and your humor) In your work.
- Use Funny Images.
- Short and tingling title will do a great job.
- Being funny in real life sometimes means lying, but this doesn’t works in blogging arena, make sure you make your readers aware of the truth.
- Saying words in funny ways is funny. For instance, Sylvester the cat is funny because he talks with a lisp and spits at the letter ‘s’. When British people say “aluminium,” that’s funny. In fact, anybody with an accent that isn’t like yours is funny, and you should laugh to show your appreciation.
It can be a good idea to take a look at similar sites in other markets and identify the elements of those sites that might work well for yours, too. However, it’s important not to just copy success stories but to adapt them, so that they provide unique value for your visitors.
Finally, consider making linking to your site easier for less tech savvy users. Similar to the way we do it on YouTube, offering bookmarking services for social sites like Twitter or Facebook can help spread the word about the great content on your site and draw users’ attention.
Some funny content on this blog:
- 10 Must-Have Funny iPhone Accessories
- Kill Your Boring Office Life !!! Instant Tricks
- Top Humor Blogs To Follow
- Techie Jokes from Teenager’s daily Tech Life…..