When we send any delicate data through e-mail, like PDF files, you have to make sure that data is encrypted and only accessed by a the individual you want to. You can do this in Acrobat, but obviously you are here for a free trick.
Here is how to apply password to PDF files:-
- Download and install PrimoPDF, a free PDF creator.
- Open the document or picture you wish to create password protected PDF for.
- Print the file. In the print wizard change the printer name from your printer to “PrimoPDF” and click Ok to start the PDF creation process.
- In PrimoPDF as shown in the below picture, select the quality of file, we suggest either “Print” or “Prepress” and then click the Change button for PDF Security.
- In the Password Security window check the box for “Require a password to open the document” and enter the password you wish to use and click Ok.
- Finally, click the Create PDF button to create the password protected PDF.