Computer forensics experts are often called as ‚“Cyber Cops‚”, ‚“Cyber Investigators” or ‚”Digital Detectives”. The cyber law market is growing fast and it will continue to grow beyond imagination. Every individual is a potential victim to cyber crime. Everything is becoming cyber and the concerns of maintaining security of the information on the internet is also growing. Therefore there are tremendous career opportunities in almost every field from law to the IT Industry. The need of the time is to utilize the vast potential of Information Technologies for peaceful purposes and progressive economic development of India .
Who is Cyber Lawyer?
Cyber lawyer deals with legal issues concerning the use of computer, computer systems and computer networks as well as the Internet. Although it is an emerging field in India, it is making rapid progress.The number of cases involving cyber crime have been on the rise since the word spread. The Information Technology Act, 2000 takes care of all wrongs done using computers. However, its a field where there would be less of litigation but more of consultancy required. And thus, not only a law graduate, but also a person with a technological bent of mind would be able to master this field. Lawyers with technological know how are surely going to rule the show.
How To be a Cyber Lawyer ?
To become a cyber lawyer, all you need is to be a qualified lawyer, and earn a diploma in cyber law. Some good institutions offering courses in this field are:
- Asian School of Cyber Law, Pune,¬† http://www.asianlaws.org
- Indian Law Institute, Delhi,¬† http://www.ilidelhi.org
- Mumbai University¬† http://www.glc.edu/cyber.asp
- NALSAR, Hyderabad,¬† http://nalsar.ac.in/ and
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Allahabad,¬† http://pgd.iiita.ac.in/
With cyber crime on the rise, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) have also launched a six-month PG certificate course in cyber law with the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), acting as its resource center.
Various courses are offered in Cyber Crime Investigation.
1. Diploma in cyber law (Distance and classroom mode)
2. Advanced Diploma in Cyber Law (Distance mode only):
3. ASCL Certified Cyber Crime Investigator (Distance and classroom mode)
Some of the institutes offering these courses are:
1.Symbiosis Society‚Äôs Law College , Pune, and NALSAR University ( www.nalsarpro. org ).
2. Asian School of Cyber Laws , Pune (www.asianlaws.org).
3. Indian Institute of Information and Technology, Allahabad ( www.iiita.ac.in).
4.Center for Distance Education, University of Hyderabad (www.uohy.ernet.in).
5. Amity Law School , Delhi . (www.amity.org).
6. Department of Law, University of Delhi (www.du.ac.in).
7. National Law School of India , University Bangalore – 72. (www.nls.ac.in)
8. National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University of Law , Hyderabad-560027. (www.reachout hyderabad.com ).
9. Cyber Law College NAAVI in Chennai, Mysore , Hubli, Mangalore and Bangalore (www.cyberlawcollege.com).